- When logging into an Advidia device, instead of seeing live video, a dialog box pops-up reading Live Preview Failed.
Rename WebClientActiveX Folder -
1. On the server, ensure that Internet Explorer is closed.
2. Navigate to %systemroot%\SysWOW64\.
3. Rename the WebClientActiveX folder to OLDWebClientActiveX.
4. Open Internet Explorer.
5. Open Tools>Internet Options.
- The gear icon at the top right of Internet Explorer represents Tools in Internet Explorer 10 and beyond.
6. Under the Advanced tab, click Reset...
- This will revert all Internet Explorer settings to their default.
7. Set the IP Address in Compatibility View.
8. Set the IP Address in Trusted Sites.
- After adding it to Trusted Sites, click Custom Level.
- Select the Radio button for Prompt under "Download unsigned ActiveX controls".
9. Navigate back to the web interface and download the ActiveX controller.
Reboot the Device -
In some cases, this issue is caused by too many concurrent connections to the device.
1. Log into the camera's web interface using Administrator credentials.
2. Click Configuration.
3. Under Basic Configuration, choose System from the left-tree.
4. Under the Maintenance tab, click the Reboot button under the Reboot section.
5. Once the camera comes back online, attempt to reconnect and view video.